Dumanisi used to be the fishing and hunting ground of diffun. Situated with the interiors of the municipality, it used to be tribes, and the Christians who were mostly Ilocanos and Cagayanos. They dwelt in several small villages notably Andapat, the gateway to the settlements; Dapungan, the center of barter and trade; Minanga, where the Ganano River branches out to other tributaries; and other farther villages such as Macate, Ammogaoen, and Dumatta.
About a decade after WW II people from other place migrated to these interior villages. Recoded early settlers were the families of Tomas Pascual, Vidal Rosete, Alejo Ventura, Igmedio Pruduenciano Dela Cruz, Leon Castriciones, and Santiago Balantoc. Others that followed after were the families of Melchor and Silverio.
As the population increased further, the people petitioned the municipal government for the merging of these villages into a barrio. Acting positively on the petition, the municipal council, under then Mayor Silverio L. Pascual, Sr., passed and approved in 1951 a resolution creating Dumanisi as a distinct and separate barangay; and appointed Santiago Balantoc as in order to ensure leadership until the next immediate local elections.
After Balantoc, the succession of leadership went to Igmedio P. Dela Cruz, Maximo Estrada, Leon Castriciones, and Catalino Olegario.
Recorded list of list Barangay Captains are the following: Meliton R. Agustin (1965-68); Eugenio Pascual (1968-69); Rodrigo Dela Cruz (1969-72); Pedro Aliga (1972-80); Francisco D. Dela Cruz (1980-94); and Alex T. Dela Cruz (2010 to Present)
The Dumanisi creek was a literal artery of life for the barangay dwellers in those days. Farm produce and merchant goods went in and out of the barangay through this artery. It was also a major source of water for drinking, bathing, and farming. Together with the Ganano River the Dumanisi creek was indeed a source of life for the early settlers for a long time.